Perhaps you’re considering having laminate flooring installed, but you’re still not sure if it’s the right choice. Maybe you’ve just had laminate installed and want to make the most of your new flooring. No matter where you are in the purchasing and installation process, getting the most out of laminate floors means understanding how they’re made and what kind of care they require.
You’ve Got Laminate Flooring: Now What?
Laminate floors come in a wide variety of colors and styles. You’ve just had stylish new flooring installed in your home, and you want to make sure that you get the biggest bang for your buck. The first step is understanding how laminate floors are made so that you can care for them.
Almost all laminate floors are constructed from four layers:
- A wear layer that is designed to prevent dents, scratches and dings.
- A decor layer that is imprinted with a design such as hardwood, stone or tile.
- A core layer that provides structure and dent resistance.
- A backer layer that provides extra stability and support.
Caring for Your Laminate Flooring
One of the chief benefits of laminate flooring is ease of care. Keeping your laminate looking great won’t take a lot of time or elbow grease. The key to caring for your laminate flooring is to tackle small tasks on a regular basis. To make the most of your laminate flooring, you should:
- Try to wipe up spills and wet spots as soon as possible.
- Use a vacuum or dust mop to keep the floor free of dirt and debris.
- Wet mop the floor with special cleaners made for laminates.
- Use throw rugs at the entrances to rooms.
- Allow floors to dry completely after applying cleaners or laminate treatments.
At S&G Carpet and More, we’re proud to provide the best in laminate flooring to residential and commercial customers throughout Sacramento County. If you need to find new laminate, drop by one of our showrooms or make a shop-at-home appointment today.